If you are a founder, director or board member of a non-profit organization, it’s important your organization carry insurance to protect the future of your organization as well it’s member-base/contributors and directors and officers.
Non-profit organizations generally require commercial general liability insurance, directors and officers liability insurance, employment practices liability insurance, commercial property insurance (if they own real property), umbrella coverage, special event liability insurance and liquor liability insurance. Most will require all of the above, but some are able to pick and choose which coverages they need.
There is good news for you: Available to you are specialty insurance companies, insurance agents and insurance brokers who cater to non-profits. Additionally, package products are available from insurance companies which provide these organizations with all the coverage they need and include many bells and whistles for additional protection.
Boardwalk Insurance Group is an agency with such a program through it’s various insurance companies and insurance broker relationships.
Types of non-profit organizations eligible include:
• Chambers of Commerce
• Foundations / Community Foundations
• Trade Associations
• Business Associations
• Art/Culture Associations
• Charitable Associations
• Booster Clubs
• Religious institutions
• Churches, Mosques, Synagogues, Temples, etc.
• Sunday schools
• Educational facilities
A typical non profit organization insurance policy package policy includes:
• Only a $500 Minimum Premium for General Liability and Property combined
• No General Liability Deductible
• General Liability coverage included for volunteers
• Hired & Non-Owned Auto coverage available in most states
• Property is on Special form with Replacement Cost coverage
• $5,000 of Business Personal Property coverage included
• Equipment Breakdown coverage available
• Options for adding: Employee Dishonesty, Money & Securities and many others
• Separate Limits of Liability for Directors & Officers and Employment Practices Liability Claims
• Unlimited Defense Costs outside the limit
• Outside Directorship Liability coverage
• Coverage for both Monetary and Non-Monetary Claims
• Full Prior Acts coverage
• Lifetime Occurrence Reporting Provision for former Directors and Officers
• Free Human Resources Hotline with unlimited number of call and no time limits
• No Intentional Acts Exclusion on Employment Practices Liability coverage
• Automatically includes 3rd party discrimination and harassment
• Policy can include three events with up to 100 attendees within the policy premium
• Ability to include Liquor Liability in most states for events
• Ability to consider events with up to 5,000 attendees
This independent insurance agency will take time to understand what your organization does and will custom-tailor an insurance policy which meets your needs, while exceeding your expectations. The application process is simple and quotes can be obtained with 48 hours in most cases.