Boardwalk Insurance Group

Pet or Animal Related Business Insurance Coverage

Pet or Animal Related Business Insurance Coverage 4.00/5 (80.00%) 1 vote

If you own or operate a business which deals with pets or owners of pets, you need to carry a proper amount of insurance coverage to protect you, your family and your business from catastrophic physical and financial losses.  Typically, your business would need a commercial general liability insurance policy, commercial property insurance and some inland marine coverage.  More options are definitely available, but these are the basics.

Here are the coverages your insurance policy should include:
•    Physical damage coverage for the animals in your care, custody and control
•    Professional liability for your grooming operation
•    Medical Payment Expense for the animals in your care, custody and control
•    Inspection costs by insurance companies included in your premium
•    An adequate amount of coverage for your property, including building (if required) and contents
•    An adequate amount of inland marine coverage (your property while in transport)

Preferred Businesses Would Have:
•    No building coverage
•    No overnight kennel
•    Up to 30 animals per day maximum
•    Pet Care Services Association accreditation
•    Grooming operations
•    Retail sales operations
•    No more than two losses or claims per coverage part (excluding closed without payment) incurred in the past five years (liability), three years (property/inland marine)

Available Limits of Coverage:
•    Maximum property value of $3,000,000
•    Coastal Zones – Maximum property values up to $500,000 per location
•    Liability Limits up to $2,000,000

Ineligible Businesses:
•    Veterinarian services
•    Stables
•    Those accepting equine or commercial animals
•    Those who sell products under their own label
•    Those who provide training for hunting, security, show or agility
•    Those involved in pet adoption or pet rescue
•    Businesses with pending or prior bankruptcies
•    Those with existing tax liens
•    Businesses with 2 General Liability losses in the past 3 years and/or risks with 2 Property/Inland Marine losses in the past 3 years
•    Those who located Louisiana

If you are in search of insurance coverage for your pet-related business, contact Boardwalk Insurance Group today for your free quote.  We offer commercial general liability insurance, commercial property insurance, inland marine insurance floaters, umbrella policies, worker’s comp policies and much more.