At fine dining restaurants, frequently quality liquor will flow freely as a complement to the dinner. Fine wines and perfectly aged liquors can make any evening out go even more smoothly. Restaurants that serve liquor, however face greater scrutiny to ensure that they are only serving to the correct people.
Liquor liability insurance is important to protect businesses from the costs that can be associated with the restaurant when liquor is found to be at fault for an accident. For restaurants that cater to a clientele that expects a higher quality product, a higher amount of coverage is generally needed. Liquor liability insurance for fine dining restaurants gives an important line of protection in the event liquor is deemed to cause an accident.
This product is specifically designed to accommodate the coverage and pricing needs for fine dining and white table cloth restaurants. Our Fine Dining eligibility requirements include:
- Average entree price must be greater than $20
- Average bottle of wine must be greater than $30
- Number of bottles on the wine list must exceed 10
- Incidental Entertainment is acceptable
- Expense costs outside policy limits
- Assault or Battery coverage available on most risks
- Automatic coverage for Liquor License holder as additional insured
- Employees included as insureds at no additional premium
- No deductible
- Credits available for responsible establishments with a formal third-party server awareness-training program
- Landlord & Grantor of Franchise may be named as an additional insured for a nominal additional premium
- Terrorism coverage included for no additional premium
Depending on the Laws in a State, Fine Dining Establishments can be held liable for actions of intoxicated or underage persons who are served alcohol.
- Fine Dining Establishments can be put out of business without proper Liquor Liability coverage in place
- The negligent service to a knowingly intoxicated patron can produce substantial verdicts or settlements
- Even if an establishment is not found liable, it may cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend a claim
- Underage drinkers make up a significant portion of alcohol-related traffic crashes
Liquor Liability Product Features:
- Our Fine Dining Product offers our Preferred Restaurant Rates, regardless of the percentage of alcohol to food receipts
- Limits available up to $1,000,000 occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate
- No Deductible
- Employees automatically covered as an insured on the policy
- Expanded definition of bodily injury
- 15% credit per year on liquor liability insurance when your servers are trained. Visit www.liquortraining.com, for more information
The Basic Product features Expense costs inside the limits of liability and an exclusion for Assault or Battery coverage
Special of the Day
New Competitive Minimum Premiums starting at $500
The Top Shelf Product provides coverage for Expense costs outside the limits of liability, Assault or Battery coverage (included or optional), and includes the Liquor License Holder automatically included as an additional insured
Liquor liability insurance is absolutely necessary since an accident attributed to liquor can be very costly for both the person who causes it and the party that supplied the liquor.