A commercial liability insurance is an essential type of insurance for most Houston-based businesses. However, it is not always well understood, and can cause some confusion. If you consider procuring a commercial liability insurance for your business, then there are a couple of things you should know about it.
- A commercial liability insurance helps to keep your business running by protecting it from financial loss that may result when you’re sued because of injuries or property damage caused by your services, operations, or employees. For example, if someone trips and falls in your workplace and then sues you, the insurer will cover the costs associated with dealing with the court case and whatever medical expenses there may be.
- A general commercial liability insurance may not include coverage for personal and advertising injury or medical payments. These may have to be purchased separately, under different policies.
- A general commercial liability insurance includes limits on bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, personal injury, and general aggregate limits. Once these are exhausted, the insurer may be freed from obligations, although you may still have to continue paying for the insurance until the end of the term. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that the limits are reasonable and provide enough coverage.
- The coverage provided by a commercial liability insurance can vary considerably, not only depending on the provider, but also on the type of business which seeks it and the risks to which its staff is exposed. For example, when applied to a retail business such as a large department store, this insurance may be focused on trip, slip, and fall coverage, while with a contractor offering roof repair services it’s more focused on the damages to property and other people that may result during roof replacements, repairs, and other related projects.
- The number of years you have been in business is one of the key factors that affect the coverage and the premium. Naturally, the higher the level of experience your business has, the less risks the insurer is taking, and therefore the lower the premium.
Finally, it is essential to understand that a commercial liability insurance can only protect your business and bring you peace of mind if it is offered by a reputable and reliable insurance agency in Houston, such as Boardwalkinsurance.com, which has both the experience and the resources necessary to provide the insurance and resolve claims quickly and effectively. Boardwalkinsurance.com works closely with the most important insurance companies in the area, including AIG, Safeco, and National Lloyds Insurance to provide commercial liability insurance as well as a complete range of other insurance packages that include garage liability insurance, exotic car insurance, business auto insurance, and personal insurance. To get a quote now, you can use Boardwalkinsurance.com’s convenient and easy to use online quote forms.